Middle East Catering Limited (“we”/”us”/”our”/”Alibaba”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are pleased to provide you with our privacy notice and request you to read it carefully.
We have created this privacy notice to explain to you:
- how we use any personal data that we receive from you or may collect about you, and
- your privacy rights under applicable privacy laws.
Our use of your personal data is subject to your instructions, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), other relevant Maltese and EU legislation and our professional duty of confidentiality.
For the purposes of the GDPR, the Data Controller is:
Middle East Catering Limited of No. 9, Triq Sir Frederick C. Ponsonby Street, Gzira, Malta
If you wish to request any clarification or additional information in relation to this privacy notice, or you may wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, please send us an email on [email protected].
This privacy notice is effective as of 19/12/2018. In the event that we modify this privacy notice, we will post a clear notice of this update in the homepage of our website.
2. Key terms
- Data Controller: The person that determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data
- Personal Data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
- Processing: Any operation which is performed on personal data such as collection, storage, use and erasure
- Sensitive Personal Data: Personal Data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership; Genetic and biometric data; Data concerning health, sex life or sexual orientation.
3. Personal Data that we collect, may process and for what we may use it
Most of the information we process is given to us directly by you. This includes information that you input via our website and that you provide us with over the telephone and email.
However, we may also collect personal data about you through our CCTV surveillance system “the CCTV system” which we have installed outside and inside our restaurant/premises at “Ali Baba” Triq Sir Frederick C. Ponsonby Street, Gzira.
Signs are placed throughout our premises to inform our clients that CCTV is in operation . The CCTV system is capable of being monitored for 24 hours every day of the year. Cameras are monitored in the ______, which is a secure area and accessible solely by authorized staff. All images captured by the CCTV System remain the property of Middle East Catering Limited.
We can only use your personal data if we have a lawful reason for doing so. Under data protection laws we may process your personal data if you have given us your consent or it is necessary:
- for our legitimate interests, or
- to carry out our contractual obligations, or
- to comply with a legal obligation.
We normally process your personal data for the purpose of processing your request for using our services. We process your personal data on the ground of legitimate interest when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
However, with respect to sensitive data we will only process such data upon your explicit consent.
The table below sets out the types of personal data that we may process, for what we may use it and our legal bases, which are our reasons for processing.